IS THERE A MILER REGISTRATION DEADLINE: No - alumni and friends can join throughout the month of August.
WHAT PARAMETERS CAN WE SET ON THE NIKE RUN CLUB APP?
It could be an idea to set the cap well above 100 miles for each person, since many participants exceed that.
HOW DO WE KNOW WHICH ORGANIZATIONS ARE INVOLVED?
Participating schools are listed on our social media (Instagram and Facebook).
HOW CAN WE ENSURE MAXIMUM PARTICIPATION?
Associations distribute information about the challenge on social media, newsletters, etc. during the month of July 2021. Each participating alumni association/group will receive draft language and talking points that can be used to inspire participation.
WHAT’S THE MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS?
There is no maximum number of alumni participants. Individuals must sign up with the Nike Run Club set up by their Black Alumni Association in order to participate. This will help track miles and dollars raised for each alumni association.
WHAT IS THE CRITERIA OF THE WALKING/RUNNING CHALLENGE?
Alumni participants agree to:
- Walk and/or run the number of miles they wish during the month of August.
- Make a gift on September 1, 2020 equal to the number of the miles they accomplish.
- Restrictions: No biking, no elliptical machines, no stair steppers.
- Allowances: Participants can use a treadmill to run or walk.
HOW DO WE KNOW WHICH SCHOOL WON THE CHALLENGE?
We'll announce the winner on September 5, 2021. The school with the highest number of miles logged (and dollars raised!) will be the Challenge winner and will receive two complimentary registrations to the next national conference.
DO ELLIPTICAL MACHINES AND STAIR-CLIMBERS COUNT?
- To keep the physical exertion consistent across everyone's miles, we're only counting running and walking (either outside or on the treadmill).
- The challenge is designed to help us build consistency in our routines, and this is a great way to help us build healthier and stronger bodies each day of the challenge.
- Participation in this challenge and physical activity is 100% voluntary.
- Organizers assume no responsibility nor liability in the event of injury or damage.